How should I store my clothing for next season?
1. Be sure clothes are clean, before putting them away. Insects such as moths, crickets and silverfish are attracted to food, perfume, body oil, and perspiration.
2. Store in a dry, well ventilated area. Temperature swings can cause moisture to form in clothing and create mildew problems.
3. Don’t store clothes in the poly bags from the drycleaner. Over time, these bags can promote moisture. These bags should be removed when your clothes are brought home from the drycleaner.
4. Avoid direct exposure to sunlight or artificial light that can cause fading.
5. If you have cedar chests or closets in your home, renew the cedar every few years. Cedar must be re-sanded or fresh cedar oil applied to retain its effectiveness.